We live in a world that we barely recognise from only 10 years ago that now includes mobile science fiction defying devices called smart phones and strange terms and activities such as tweets, likes and pinning.
Tese facts about Facebook are truly staggering. What I find surprising is that Brazil is the second most prolific user.
While Flickr, Instagram, Pinterest and other photo sharing sites are significant the Facebook ecosystem makes them look like an afterthought along with the other accompanying facts.
- 219 billion photos have been uploaded onto Facebook
- Since the Facebook “like” button was introduced in 2009 people have hit it 1.13 trillion times
- There have been 140.3 billion friend connections (no mention of how much “unfriending has ocurred)
- 17 billion location-tagged posts, including check-ins
- 62.6 billion songs have been played 22 billion times which is 210,000 years of music
- Average age of a Facebook user is 22 years
- Facebook now has 600 million mobile users
In 2008 (which is only 4 years ago) Facebook only had 100 million users. It isn’t time to relax though as there are still over 6 billion more people to sign up.